Our club encourages dance lessons. On this page are listed many suggestions for where you may take lessons … both group and private. We even have some learning hints and articles stating the healthy benefits of Ballroom Dancing.
1. Learn new steps by attending one of our social dances.
Our IBDC Dance Enhancement Committee has arranged for monthly Dance Events called LET’S DANCE! Enjoy a wide variety of dance rhythms from Ballroom, Swing & Latin to Hustle, Polka, Line Dances & Old Time Rock & Roll. Music provided by DJ’s Jin Valley Productions and American Entertainment. Dance lessons are included – from Basic to Beyond.
- Location: Indiana Country Club, 495 Country Club Road, Indiana, PA 15701
- Cost: $10 per person
- Dress: Casual
- Time: 7:00 – 10:00 pm (Lesson begins at 8:00 pm)
- Cash Bar available, munchies provided
Dates – Remaining Featured Dance Lesson
- Tuesday, March 21, 2017 – Cha Cha (Note: this is a change) – March 21 info
- Tuesday, April 11, 2017 – Rumba
- Tuesday, May 16, 2017 – Salsa
For additional information, call 724.463.3753 or submit a reply at the bottom of this page. Someone will contact you. Click here for printable link to the LET’S DANCE flyer: THE INDIANA SOCIAL DANCERS ANNOUNCE
2. Other Social Dances which include a Professional Group Lesson
- Dancing at the Alwine Center
- A Night of Dancing at the Crystal Ballroom – Crystal Ballroom dance dates
3. Private or Group Dance Instruction
To supplement the lessons sponsored by our club, we are compiling a list for private or group dance instruction. Please check the information provided by these instructors:
- Ballroom and Social Dance Instruction – Paul & Jeanie Jucha
- Learn to Dance with Chris Drum – Alwine Civic Center
4. Below are interesting articles on learning to dance and the healthy benefits of Ballroom dancing.
- Learning Hints – by Janice Levit
- Walk, Jog, or Dance – It’s All Good for the Aging Brain – by Gretchen Reynolds
- Ballroom Dance Benefits the Brain