Our club encourages dance lessons. On this page are listed many suggestions for where you may take lessons … both group and private. We even have some learning hints and articles stating the healthy benefits of Ballroom Dancing.
We are deeply saddened to announce that Howard Ziegler, former Professional Dance Instructor, long-time member of the IBDC and our friend, passed away. We will miss him and his expert teaching.
1. IBDC Dance Lessons – Fall 2019 – Link to the Registration Form is: 2019-2020 IBDC Dance Lessons
2. Private or Group Dance Instruction
To supplement the lessons sponsored by our club, we are compiling a list for private or group dance instruction. Please check the information provided by these instructors:
- Ballroom and Social Dance Instruction – Paul & Jeanie Jucha – Jucha – ballroom and social dance instruction
- Learn to Dance with Chris Drum to include Crystal Ballroom, Herminie, PA and Alwine Center, Greensburg, PA and Pittsburgh Ballroom – Palisades. Here is the link to her special 4 or 8 week mini session at the Alwine Civic Center in Greensburg, PA – Chris Drum – Alwine Center April-June 2019 Mini Series Note that registration is needed by March 25, 2019.
- TDI Ballroom Dance Studio, Greensburg, PA – http://www.tdiballroomdance.com https://youtu.be/HW6038DoG0g
3. Below are interesting articles on learning to dance and the healthy benefits of Ballroom dancing.
- Learning Hints – by Janice Levit
- Walk, Jog, or Dance – It’s All Good for the Aging Brain – by Gretchen Reynolds
- Ballroom Dance Benefits the Brain
- Synchronized Dancing May Increase Pain Threshold