Our club encourages dance lessons. On this page are listed many suggestions for where you may take lessons … both group and private. We even have some learning hints and articles stating the healthy benefits of Ballroom Dancing.
1. Group Dance Lessons – Profession Instructor, Howard Ziegler Howard will be teaching various dances from 5:30 to 6:00 p.m. each month prior to the IBDC Dinner Dances. See the info attached to the monthly dance schedule
2. Private or Group Dance Instruction
To supplement the lessons sponsored by our club, we are compiling a list for private or group dance instruction. Please check the information provided by these instructors:
- Ballroom and Social Dance Instruction – Paul & Jeanie Jucha
- Learn to Dance with Chris Drum
- Chris Drum – 2017 Fall Dance Events (updated 10/20/17) to include Crystal Ballroom, Herminie, PA and Alwine Center, Greensburg, PA and Pittsburgh Ballroom – Palisades.
3. Below are interesting articles on learning to dance and the healthy benefits of Ballroom dancing.
- Learning Hints – by Janice Levit
- Walk, Jog, or Dance – It’s All Good for the Aging Brain – by Gretchen Reynolds
- Ballroom Dance Benefits the Brain
- Synchronized Dancing May Increase Pain Threshold